Learn how to identify which of the five skin types you have.
Step 1: Wash Your Face: Wash the day's makeup, oil, and dirt off so your skin is clean and fresh.
Step 2: Wait Two Hours. Don't apply any products allow your skin to return to its natural state.
Step 3: Get to Know Your Skin
What Do You Notice? Determine your skin type based on your natural skin's characteristics.
Which of these five skin types sounds most like your skin?
• Dry Skin- If you can barely see the follicles or they are small, this indicates a dry skin type. The skin texture can be slightly rough and flaky. Skin may feel tight/itchy.
• Oily Skin- If the pore (follicle)size is visible or larger over most of the face, this indicates an oily skin type. Skin looks shiny and may feel slick to the touch. Oily skin is prone to blemishes and comedones since the pores get clogged with oil and buildup of dead cells.
• Normal Skin- The follicles are a normal size and the skin is usually free from blemishes. Skin feels smooth without signs of flaking and oiliness.
• Combination Skin- Combination Skin can be both oily and dry, or both oily and normal, at the same time. The T-zone through the middle of the face on the forehead, nose and chin is oilier.
• Sensitive Skin- sensitive skin is increasingly common. This skin type is characterized by fragile, thin skin and redness. It’s easily irritated by products and exposure to heat or sun. Sensitive skin is a condition, that can also be genetically predisposed.